Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pinata cake.

OK, I stole this idea from Pinterest.  I didn't make it like they said the first time.  I made a cake in a batter bowl and just cut off the top and hollowed it out and filled it with candy!!!!
I didn't take a pic before we cut it. 

Look at that cake throwing up all that yummy candy!
I used red "spray paint" to decorate it.

 It worked well, so I decided to do it again, but the way they said.  It didn't work so well.  Here are the disastrous pics!  I was making it for my niece's birthday and had told people I would bring the cake.  Since it was the first time I was bringing cake for a family party for my husband's family I couldn't just be like never mind and not bring anything, so I had to make it work!

Bottom, funfetti cake mix ready to go!
All together, looks great!
Well for a few minutes then it was lots of panic and trying to stop it from breaking. 

Broken bottom piece with candy removed.
Ok fine, we'll try the homemade chocolate cake as the bottom half...
Switched sides and frosting glued the funfetti bowl back together.

Back together, but not for long.  Chocolate bowl also broke...
Cake bowls glued back together with frosting,
filled with candy, then placed upside down on plates.
If you didn't know better you'd think they were meant to look like this...
My niece was turning 20.

And since having cake fall apart on me a million times wasn't fun enough I decided to try to make cake pops.  I swear it was completely random if they worked or not.  I tried freezing some to keep them from falling apart, but it then the almond bark hardened quicker and looked icky.  Oh well.  Some looked pretty. 
First successful one.
All the ones that didn't look really bad.

People took pics of the cake when it was cut, 
but I was pretty much over it by that point so I didn't...  

What we took to the party.
P.S.  All the crappy pictures is a plot to try to convince my brother to move back to WA from crappy icky southern ID so he can take better pics for me.  J/K.  Though it would be cool if he moved back and southern ID does suck!


FYI- the idea was to make swirly frosting,
 it all turned one weird color.
It was a good idea...
I'd love to figure out how to make it work on cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment