Sunday, August 4, 2013

Summer Food Fun!

Here are a few pics of other fun food projects I've done this summer.  

I made peanut butter cup ice cream.  I had a recipe for peanut butter ice cream and I added in some cut up mini reeses cups.


In the ice cream machine.
Candy!



Finished Ice cream.


I made some caramel and some of it I just left as caramel, some I coated in chocolate, and some I poured on cashews and then covered them in chocolate.

Melting chocolate.


Caramel being cooked.




Someday I'll take clear pictures.

Cashews!
















I saw a pic of octopus pizza on Pinterest.  I decided to copy it, well sort of. Mine was all pizza, not the bread sticks and dipping sauce idea the original post had been for.  but mine was cooler because it was a scary octopus with teeth on it's tentacles!  Do you see that fish about to get eaten????

Scary Sea Monster Pizza!


And finally I got strawberries and rhubarb from gleaners and a pie crust.  So I made a pie.  Then I had more strawberry and rhubarb, but no more crust and I don't make pie crust very well!  I did however have some phyllo dough in the freezer, so I made phyllo cups using a pie pan and cooked the pie filling in a pan in the oven, then I put it into the phyllo before it cooled.



Before big pie was baked.





Tiny pies.



Close up view of tiny cutie pies!

 The End!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I truly love and admire your ingenuity, especially the tiny cutie pies~ xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete