Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Lady Boss! Lean - not so much

I am currently looking into different diet and weight loss and *lifestyle* programs.  I don't feel counting calories is sustainable forever for me and want to find a different/better way.  The Google and FB spies have started giving me ads based on my searches.  I look at almost all of them but am like nah really quickly.  The LadyBoss lean ads caught my attention and I have been trying out protein shakes recently so I decided to try it. Ordering was difficult, you have to have a membership- can't just order once (unless you go through Amazon which is $10-15 more) and the wiat, you can add on this for a discount pages were somewhat confusing and I wasn't sure if I clicked the right button but I figured I could double check my cart at the end (wasn't an option on the multiple add this pages) but nope at the end it was just like order placed.  I checked my email and saw I had clicked the wrong button.  Emailed right away and cancelled the item I didn't want to buy. That was pretty easy and straightforward. 

Few days later I was looking at their ad again and someone asked if the sucralose they use is the same as Splenda.  I was like what??? I didn't see that!  I cannot do sucralose and always check labels.  Thing is the ingredient list is really hard to find on the LadyBoss site (especially on a phone) so I either didn't see it at all or when I did see it, it's small enough I didn't notice the word sucralose.  Anyways I emailed saying just noticed this is in it and I can't have it so can I cancel?  They replied with info from the FDA about how sucralose is safe (so are peanuts for most people FYI). And how they love being open and honest and transparent about ingredients. They said it already shipped and yeah you can return but shipping is on you and if you refuse the package we'll charge you shipping.  They encouraged me to try it first and mentioned that they have an empty bag policy so I got it opened it, offered it to my family - they didn't like the taste, so I just emptied the bag and am sending back an empty bag. I see no reason to send back an almost full 2LB bag when they can't re-sell it anyway.

I also need to cancel my membership with them.  So today when I got the package ready to mail back I also went to cancel.  It was a process had like 3 different page to confirm cancellation then I got to the last are you sure? page with options pause membership, keep membership, and then cancel. I said yes cancel.  The next page was almost identical, one could almost think they just didn't click yet, but I saw the button had moved over slightly and a 4th button was added this time it was paue, new button ( didn't read it) then cancel and then KEEP!  They had switched the spots of cancel and keep. I almost clicked keep because the rest of the page was the same and if you double clicked you would've hit keep on the second page!  Finally I hit the last cancel button and it takes me to a freaking screen saying in order to complete my cancellation I have to call them.  So I call and the guy is all chatty saying so why'd you sign up was it for and starts listing things and I cut him off and said I'm cancelling, don't like the product and he got my info and said it was cancelled pretty quickly so at least that wasn't too difficult.  Not a fan of how they work...

No comments:

Post a Comment